Maxillary Central Incisors - Dental Implants - Porcelain Crowns and Zirconia Abutments
Crowns, Precision Attachments, Cast Removable Partial Denture.
Implant therapy is a prosthodontic procedure with radiographic and surgical components. Using a dental implant to replace missing teeth is dictated by individual patient needs as determined by their dentist. An implant is a device approved and regulated by the FDA, which can provide support for a single missing tooth, multiple missing teeth, or all teeth in the mouth. The prosthodontic and the surgical part of implant care can each range from straightforward to complex.
Placement of implants without careful diagnosis and treatment planning should be avoided. The more complex and extensive the care, the more important it is to obtaining a satisfactory outcome for the patient. Implants placed without proper planning can result in an implant being placed with improper position, orientation, or without adequate space for the restoration. This can result in compromise of function, durability, esthetics or any combination of these problems. Implants may even need to be removed to get anticipated results for the patient. In addition to producing a compromised outcome, restoration of improperly placed implants can be expensive and burdensome.
Each case is assessed, managed and treated on its own merit. There is no one size fits all.
- How often do you do this procedure?
- How many times have you done this procedure?
- What has been your training in this procedure? How long was it? (weekend course, lecture, 14 - 20 weeks CE at a dental school, or years of specialty training at an accredited dental school?)
- Where were you taught?
- Do you take lifelong learning / Continuing Education credit and if so, when, where, how often and in what area?
- What’s the success rate for this procedure for me and how long will it last?
- How long will the procedure take from beginning until I have my permanent teeth?
- Will I have to be without teeth for any period of time?
- How much will it cost for the entire treatment from start to completion?
- How much will it cost for follow-up maintenance of my restoration?
- What are alternative treatment options for this procedure?
- What training do you have in these alternative options?
- May I get my treatment plan in writing?
- How do you feel about me getting a second opinion?